Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Friday, May 27, 2005

I dropped my bagel

IMG_0149 You know how some people are so graceful you would swear they were trained in ballet? Well I'm not one of those people. I hadn't been at work for 10 minutes today when I fell down a flight of stairs and sprained my ankle.

TubaDad heard the commotion and came running over and claims my first words to him from the bottom of the stairs were "I dropped my perfect bagel!" (I don't know why I said that -- other than that I was pretty ticked off that I had just spent 5 minutes toasting the dang thing and was really excited that they had low fat sun dried tomato cream cheese today -- but it didn't quite convey the severity of my pain to him.)

Fast forward an hour, and TubaDad has driven me home, carried me in to the house (I am *not* light), set me up with a nest of every creature comfort you can imagine, and run over to a friend's house to get crutches for me. LOVE HIM!

 If you examine the picture of the nest TubaDad built, you will see that I have, within arms reach, a portable phone, a cell phone, 3 tv remotes (high def, normal tv, and another one that escapes me), hot lunch on my lap (with salad), blackberry for emailing all my friends to get sympathy, an ice bag of crushed ice on my ankle, a glass of ice water (with bendy straw), a cat for snuggling, a light blanket just in case the weather takes an unexpected turn, some extra clothes (because he knows I like to change for no reason sometimes), my purse, chargers plugged in and waiting in case any of the electronic devices should grow weary, silky pillows, a bag of assorted fruit, a bottle of Advil (1200 mg in one day isn't pushing it, is it?), a good book, and my favorite pink diamond watch. Did I mention that it was our anniversary yesterday? Do I even need to say that marrying him was the best decision I ever made and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat? Yep.

So anyhow, the new plan for the three-day weekend is to pretty much sit around. Thrilling, huh? But I guess the good news is that I'll have plenty of time to research and write the next installment of "Learning about China," so keep an eye out for it shortly. And if you know of any good trivia questions about China, email them to me. Take care, and I hope everyone else has an incredible Memorial Day.

 *For those who don't know us, yes TubaDad and I work at the same company and have since before we dated. No we didn't meet there. We met in Hawaii at the Kapalua driving range. It's a long story and I'll tell you all about it some day when I'm not doped up on Advil. By the way, TubaDad is now threatening to throw away the adorable but admitedly perilous platform sandals I was wearing at the time of the accident. I am not convinced and continue to plead for them. Wish me luck.