Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter to the whole wide world :-)

I feel so full of love on this Easter day my heart might just burst. Happy Easter to my husband TubaDad, my daughters (my daughters!!!) Ro and Ree, my awesome parents, my sweet little brother and his wife, my loving in-laws in Texas and family back East, and dear friends near and far. Last spring we were worn down by the never-ending adoption wait. Our referral was originally "supposed" to come in January 2006, then February, March, April... blah blah blah all the way through the summer without any answers. We foolishly kept saying "This is the last holiday we'll spend without our child. Oh. Ok this one is. Oh. Well, this one for sure." And each time we were so wrong... Our birthdays came twice during the adoption wait, and we had two sad Easters, then a second Mother's Day and Father's Day came and went without being parents -- it was so difficult. And this Easter could not be more different. So full of bursting joy, exciting hopes and dreams, gooey grins, and contagious baby belly laughs. What a difference a year makes. What a difference being a family makes. What a difference... Happy Easter to the whole wide world. Love, M3, TubaDad, Ro and Ree ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PS: I just heard that the referral group this month had only two days of LIDs in it. Two days?!! It's so sad. I know how incredibly hard this is for all the waiting families, and just wanted to send my heartfelt good wishes to everyone who is feeling despair right now. I hope you can feel some joy this Easter day, and you're surrounded by people who love you. And I hope that next Easter you're giddily filling a gigantic yellow basket with delicious treats and a huge stuffed bunny for your child and this soul-eating wait is just a distant (and fading) memory.