Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Kodak moments that never were...

Does it seem like I'm constantly taking pictures of the girls? Acting like a crazed mamarazzi? Well believe it or not, these are only a fraction of the pictures I'd really like to get. It's not that we don't have a camera handy (I think we have 4 or 5 at last count - how embarrassing), it's just that with two blur-of-motion toddlers orbiting frenetically around the house there is almost never a free hand to press the button. You understand, right? Anyhow, is it good enough to describe some of the heart-melting moments that happened today? They're tiny little inconsequential moments, but they made me love these little girls even more than I did yesterday (yes, apparently it's possible). So I feel a need to capture them somehow, some way, so they don't slip silently away to forgotten land.
  • Ree was crying with a sore incoming tooth and Ro walked all around the room collecting chewies (Ree's favorite lovies) and brought them to her while signing "I'm sorry" and saying Dloodle loodle loodle, which is twinspeak for chewy.
  • The girls beg for chapstick when they catch me putting it on myself. I tell them to pucker up and they stick out their tiny little lips and make an "mmm mmm" sound as I put it on them. Today they pretended the plastic ball at the end of the windowshade cord was chapstick and put it on each other over and over with huge grins, boisterous lip smacking, and a running soundtrack of "mmm mmmmmm."
  • Both girls were sitting on my lap drinking their evening milk when I noticed Ree had reached over and was quietly rubbing Ro's foot. Oh good god - it just doesn't get any sweeter than that. I could die of the cuteness.
Ok, that last one put me over the edge, I can't even remember anything after that, and there were at least 2 or 3 more "awwww moments" that I wanted to mention. Dang. Oh well, here's a quick slideshow of the girls just cracking me up, that'll just have to do for now. And I hope you all have a beautiful day full of tiny happy moments.