Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Going on a bear hunt...

The other day I glanced out the kitchen window and saw a bear-shaped shadow that I swear has never been there before. But suddenly it was clear as day! Do you see it?DSC_4223LR

Here’s an extreme crop of the photo – see how the big shadow looks like a bear (or bigfoot or whatever) standing on his hind legs and walking to the right?
DSC_4221LR

How did we never see that before?

Cracked me up. And the girls too. So they convinced my folks that they wanted to stand in that very spot –- catch the bear if you will. Well actually they tried to convince my dad to fly them over that spot in his plane -- really low, Ro said maybe 40 feet off the ground -- but my dad said it was illegal and all sorts of technical stuff that the girls didn’t really buy. They were still pretty sure the plane was the way to go, but settled for a roadmap, a compass, some binoculars, a car, and a print-out of the picture. And off they went.

DSC_4868LR

That’s where the four of them are right now, on a bear hunt of sorts. Think they’ll find it?

21 comments:

  1. Awesome! How fun that they're going on a bear hunt!! Can't wait to hear what they find!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/04/2012

    No camera?

    What's the distance between your house and the bear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, I thought maybe 3 or 4 miles, but my dad just laughed at me and said maybe a half a mile. I'm crappy with distances, so I'd put your money on him.

      Delete
  3. Oh yeah.....they WILL find it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cute little hunters and their awesome grandparents will find that bear for sure!

    My question for you...What are you doing blogging? Run get a pedi. Ahhh! Shopping all-by-yourself!

    Hehe! Can you tell I'm writing from the standpoint of a mama with a preschooler?! :o)

    Can't wait to hear back about their findings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No bear. Can you believe they didn't find it?!

      And I had to laugh, when your comment came in I was at the mall. Wheeeeeeeee! I can do some damage when I'm on my own. Shhhh.

      Delete
  5. Carrie :)11/04/2012

    What awesome grandparents!!! Oh, the memories....they will have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. No bear today. I can't believe it. My folks just left and I think they're coming back tomorrow with better gear...

      Delete
  7. No bear today. And they tried and tried, even got access to a permission-only area at one point. I think Ro's idea of getting in a plane and flying low from our house straight to the bear was the right one afterall! ;-)

    I'm guessing they'll try again this week because that bear is just taunting us now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11/04/2012

    I love that Ro and Rees grandparents do this stuff with them. Its really wonderful.

    erika

    cant wait to see the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is Sasquache!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coolest Bear Ever. I hope they found it! Way more exciting than the girls and I hunting down the barn fire we saw in the sky. Never found it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That view is amazing! I live in Indiana and it's rather flat here with lots of corn.

    Too bad they did not find the bear, but how fun they got to "hunt" for it! Better luck next time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha, love the bear hunt!!
    Tell them they need to take some honey with them to lure the bear out next time!


    Uncle Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a little freaky! Glad it created some fun tho'. Love the bear hunting outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous11/05/2012

    There is also a kangaroo on the right (just above the roof

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha...that is totally bigfoot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous11/21/2012

    Hello, longtime reader here. I LOVED your kitchen counter but cannot find the post. I lost my first floor to hurricane sandy and am hoping to get that counterpoint if it's affordable. What is it called? Thank you! :)
    Maris NYC

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous11/21/2012

    *countertop

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ummm, very cool! What's the latest update?

    ReplyDelete