Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Further evidence that I am a domestic goddess

Conversation from date night dinner at Paolo's last night: Me: "Oh my god I love this place. Did you try these gnocci? They're like little pillows. Pillows from heaven." TubaDad: "Oh wow. Hey and try the mashed potatoes." Me: [stuffing in massive mouthful] "Oh. Man. Oh. Man." TubaDad: "Yeah..." [eyes roll back in head] "They taste like the ones my mom makes." Me: "These are the best mashed potatoes I've ever had. Why are they so good?!!!" TubaDad: "Maybe it's a lot of butter?" Me: "Maybe." TubaDad: "Maybe it's a ton of cream?" Me: "Eh." TubaDad: "Oh wait. Maybe it's because we're used to eating instant mashed potatoes from a bag?" Me: "Ouch!" [clutching heart and glaring]