Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Whoa, what a rush of adrenalin!

Was just about to head out the door to run a million and one urgent errands when I thought I'd check email just one more time... and whahoooooooooo, our agency has TAs! My heart is pounding right now, I'm so excited I could barely get the email forwarded to our family correctly. Hoo boy, this is it! The details: Our agency received Travel Notices for our group today sometime after I spoke with them. (I bet they're getting tired of me calling them and saying "hey do you have xxx yet because I saw on the web that other agencies have received them today.") Our agency has faxed the U.S. Consulate - Guangzhou requesting appointments. They have requested appointments during the week of October 31st, which could have us leaving for China around October 20th. Important: nothing is set in stone until we get those consulate appointments, because the consulate can choose to accept, decline, or counter-offer these requests. The consulate can take 1-5 business days to reply to requests. We'll know more in a few days. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Suddenly I have that song "I'm leaaaaavin' -- on a jet plane..." stuck in my head.