Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Monday, February 26, 2007

A meme? On *this* blog? Yeah baybee.

I don't usually do meme's/tags/etc. (because I'm just too dang lazy), but this one was too fun to pass up. For her Friday Foto Challenge this week, Donna assigned each person a random letter and then we had to illustrate 10 things we like/love that start with that letter. Neat, huh? Yeah, that's what I thought, but guess what letter I got? W!!!!!! Crap, I can't even think of any W words!

Oh hey wait, "words" is something I like. That's a good W word. Ok, here goes, in no particular order:

 1. Words. I love words. I've loved them since I was a wee little girl. Big ones, small ones, common ones, rare ones. They tickle me. I'm going to be a writer when I grow up. ;-)

2. Wine. Preferably red. Mmmmm. Y'all knew this one would be on my list, right? Most recent indulgence would be a bottle of Turley Petite Syrah we shared for our birthdays.



3. Water. I LOVE anything to do with the water. Bubble baths, hot tubs, beaches, rivers, lakes -- they all make my eyes light up.

4. Wishes come true. Two of them. Self explanatory, right?  

5. Weather. Particularly wild, wet, rainy, stormy, weather. The crazier the better.

6. (our) Wedding. It was awesome. Very small and casual. Barefoot on the beach. TubaDad in a navy tux, me in a beautiful dress with gorgeous hawaiian flowers, and we served deviled eggs and pigs-in-a-blanket for appetizers at the reception. My kind of party.

7. Wuhan, in the province of Hubei. The city where we met our girls. I'll never forget this beautiful place or the wonderful, caring people we met there. And we can't wait to bring Ro and Ree back here.

8. Watching reality tv. Yep, it's true. I apologize to serious tv watchers everywhere but I'm an unabashed trash-tv junkie. Current faves are American Idol (go Sabrina, Melinda, Blake, and Lakisha!), Nashville Star, and America's Next Top Model.

9. The World Wide Web. I can't even imagine making this adoption journey without the web. I would have missed out on lifelong friends, mind-boggling support, love, happiness, shared tears, and so much joy. Thank you to everyone making this journey with us.

 10. Weekends. I get to spend two entire days with my husband and our girls. Perfection! Well that about wraps it up.

In case you're curious, my top 10 dislikes that begin with W are: washing (laundry, cars, dishes, it's all bad), worrying, waiting, waltzing (or any kind of dancing), war, weight gains, working out (gee, ya think those last two are related?), and white lies. Ok, that's really only 9, but I hate waiting so much I'm going to count it twice.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Health Update:
Thank you so much for the good wishes and for the kick-butt thermometer advice. We ended up going out and buying that forehead scanning one. LOVE IT! And your advice of taking the temp a few times and averaging it was excellent. Ree was feeling much better yesterday, but still ran a bit of a fever. Ro acted perfectly normal but her fever climbed all day, finally reaching 101.7 and starting to worry me. It went back down by bedtime though. Oh, and the Crocs were safe for the rest of the day -- thankfully we didn't have any additional projectile "incidents."