Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Still alive and kicking (well not really kicking so much as twitching feebly)

Oops, I think we unintentionally hit the magic number of "unexplained days without a blog post" where friends and family start to worry. The sweet emails have been pouring in asking if we're okay and wondering what's happening. I'm so sorry! My only excuse is pure and total exhaustion. TubaDad's work and travel schedules lately have been INSANE (no that was not an accidental use of the caps key). In addition to working all hours, he traveled four out of the last five weeks. And being a single parent of twin toddlers, well let's just say it's not easy (criminal understatement...). I feel like I've been dragged behind a truck. Anyhow, he's home now and hopefully the work schedule is a little more under control this week, finally, so let the recuperation begin! Here are a few pictures of how the girls and I have been keeping busy so we don't miss TubaDad too much. I try to do 3 things a day with them: something active (Gymboree class, backyard play, local park, toddler pool, a walk, etc.), something quiet (read books, watch Sesame Street, anything that involves snuggle time), and something creative (painting, drawing, coloring, playdoh, baking, etc.). It tires me out, but it's so fun, they get ridiculously excited for anything involving an apron or a smock, and it warms my heart to see them smile. You can view the pictures all at once in a page layout (there are 2 pages, so hit next at the bottom), or view the slideshow (click the "i" when the slideshow starts if you want to turn on captions). There are also some late Father's Day pics in this bunch. Alrighty, I'm going to go lie on the couch and moan piteously as soon as I hit publish on this post. Sorry to have worried anyone, and thank you so much for caring! The Roseola is gone and the girls are full of pep and wonderful. And hopefully I'll find my pep soon. :-) Have a wonderful week, and look for more regular updates from the Salsa House as I get my head back above water. (gurgle)