Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Friday, November 9, 2007

Oh man I hope I don't jinx this

It's 8:45 and both girls are lying down and apparently sleeping (!!!!).

I'm nervous just typing this -- I should probably be knocking on wood or tossing some salt over my shoulder as I'm joyously whispering "victory!"

Last night was incredibly nerve-wracking as the girls careened around the room doing anything but sleep. TubaDad wasn't perturbed in the least, he's like that with things he can't control (damn smart guy). I, on the other hand, obsess and worry myself into a nervous breakdown over things I can't control. Always have.

I've been so tense over Ree's earthquake trauma that my neck and shoulders have tightened to the point where I needed professional help. So I begged my mom to come over early today and scheduled a spa visit. The masseuse tried valiantly to knead my muscles into submission but finally muttered "good god, this is the worst case I've ever seen." Nice... Oh well, it did help somewhat, and then TubaDad brought home some See's Candy to make things even better. Ahh, now we're talkin'.

Another thing that made me smile is this conversation with the girls. They're so dang serious while they're telling this story about the Nannies falling down from a really high place. It took me a while to figure out what they were saying (hence the frequent, vague "really?" answers on my part), but apparently they're describing how the Nannies "flew" downstairs (it was after they mercilessly tossed them over the stair railing, but they conveniently don't mention that part).


Alrighty, time to go soak in a hot bath and pretend I'm one of those people who knows how to relax.