- The girls were huge fans of hard-core roadtrip food. Halfway to our destination I actually thought "Hey we've given them all of the major food groups now. Peanut M&Ms are protein. Nacho Cheese Doritos count for carbohydrates. And Corn Nuts must be a vegetable of some sort!"
- As Ree was waking up from her nap on the drive down to LA she inexplicably screamed "Where my dancing hat?!!!" and then sat there blinking in a puzzled fashion while TubaDad and I burst out laughing.
- In the middle of a packed Disneyland restaurant, and in an attempt to explain to our friends how heroic he was in driving the last couple of hours without stopping, TubaDad exclaimed "When I got to the hotel I PEED FOR A MINUTE AND FIVE SECONDS!!!" Unfortunately it was one of those odd moments when there is a sudden lull in noise, and I swear that people for miles around heard him.
- "No, no more french fries for you girls, they're not good for you. Eat your bacon." (Self explanatory, sadly. And I can't quite believe those words came out of my mouth.)
- "There, now you each have your own spit cup." (It made sense at the time. Really! You see, the restaurant gave them lollipops with bubblegum in the center and I wanted them to spit it out after chewing instead of swallowing it...)
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Woke up this morning in our own beds, and I think we were all a little bummed. The quickie road-trip to Disneyland was truly fabulous and packed with fun from beginning to end. We took everything at toddler speed, and amazingly made it through without a single meltdown (even me!). We did all of the typical Mouseland stuff, but in the interest of speed (my mom is fighting a losing battle to keep the girls out of the computer room right now), I'll skip the long drawn-out stories in favor of a few quotable quotes then get to the pictures: