1. TubaDad and the girls made some blueberry muffins for breakfast.
2. Ree was running around the back yard today with a plastic rocket launcher and hose slung over her shoulder like a leaf blower saying "I da gardener, mama, see?!"
3. We just got two big new Birds of Paradise plants, and are going to plant the gorgeous creatures in the backyard today.
4. Ro made lunch for herself and her sister today. She got out the plates, picked the food from the fridge, and put everything just the way she wanted it. Suh-weet! Her lunch menu consisted of salami and bacon, baby carrot pieces, leftover mexican rice, goldfish crackers, pita bread that she asked me to cut "like a pizza," string cheese, and grapes.
5. The girls were singing songs today in their own inimitable fashion.
6. After singing, they said they deserved a candy and ran for the kitchen, climbed up on the counter, and pointed to my secret stash, which is completely not secret.
7. We got out an old box of wrapping paper odds and ends, ribbon, and miscellaneous crap that's been in the closet for four or five years. And the girls have played with it for days. They've been making "magazines," cutting up a storm, glueing everything together, wrapping untold number of faux presents, and just enjoying the heck out of it. Don't know why I didn't think of this before.
8. We sold a whole pile of no-longer-used baby things on Craigslist this weekend, which makes me a little sad, until I see the $625 sitting on the desk. Wheeeeee!
9. I can't even believe I'm admitting this one, but it makes me laugh every single time, so what the heck. I put a bell in Ro's bathroom, and anytime she needs a wipe she primly taps it twice "ding-ding" and I head upstairs. Ha!! It's way better than her screaming "mama I poooooooooooooooop" during naptime or bedtime.
10. Ro hadn't fallen asleep during naptime, but had been making a bunch of noise in her room. So I went upstairs to check on her and found that she had rearranged her ENTIRE room. Seriously everything. The bed was turned a different direction, the fluffy pink rug had been carefully repositioned, the doll crib was across the room. That kid kills me. Oh, and last night during bedtime I asked her if she had put anything in her cabinet yet (it used to be a cd cabinet) and she nodded enthusiastically and said "Yes, mama, I put two balls of Kleenex in each cubby." And dang if she hadn't.
Nice day. What made you smile today? :-)