Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Napping is so wonderful

We're home from our beach vacation, and I'm up to my ears in laundry and the mountain of rubble that came out of the van. It was a really nice time, and we're all exhausted. Don't tell anyone, but I was in bed by 8:33 last night, about three minutes after we put the girls to bed. Eeesh. Alrighty, before I nod off again, here are the final trip pics: The girls had a fabulous time with the wagon. It was totally worth the trouble to lug it all the way to SLO. We used the heck out of that thing, and (surprisingly) they were actually a huge help with it. IMG_3690_s IMG_3695_s We spent hours and hours every day at the beach. The girls never got tired of it. We had to drag them away each time. IMG_3700m_s TubaDad's concert was so fun. Hotter than blazes out there in the full sun, but really great. The girls enjoyed cheering for daddy, and daddy enjoyed seeing his happy tuba-loving daughters in the audience. IMG_3738 IMG_3743 IMG_3748 IMG_3754 Ro and Ree were thrilled with the beachhouse (and bunking with the grandparents), as usual. No one sings bedtime songs as well as Wela and BobBob. Well at least I don't. The girls still ask me to sing for them all the time, but I have to admit that sometimes they follow up my performance with "Wela and BobBob sing it gooder, mama!" Yep, they do. IMG_3758 We stumbled upon a neat local farm on the way to turn in our keys and got to pet a whole passel of friendly animals, go on a hayride (that's what we're doing in this slightly crooked self portrait), and pick fresh apples and peaches. IMG_3770 Then, right before heading for home, in the hopes of encouraging stupendous napping in the car, we ran the girls around on the beach a whole bunch more. In the video, there's something about Ro's jumping and arm circles that reminds me of the warm-up moves I've seen Olympic swimmers doing before the races: IMG_3804_s IMG_3791 IMG_3810 IMG_3812_s Our plan worked so well that the girls closed their eyes about five minutes after we got on the freeway, and didn't open them again until we pulled into the garage at home. Woohoo, that's got to be a world record or something! TubaDad and I were positively bowled over by the wondrousness of it. And, of course, we didn't miss the chance to sneak some icecream the minute they fell asleep. IMG_3818 IMG_3815 Alright, off to grab a few winks while the girls are napping. TubaDad left on another business trip a few hours after we got home last night, and it's going to be a long week... PS: I'm having a little trouble with my Canon point and shoot camera (that's the one I used for all of these shots). It has started emitting a little puff of smoke sometimes when the flash goes off, which just can't be good, can it? I don't know if it's just always done it and I never noticed or if it's a new/bad thing. And it seems like the flash alternates between overly bright and way underexposed. The pics are just not quite right... Has anyone experienced anything like this?

21 comments:

  1. I can't help you with your camera, but I would like to say you did a great job of telling the story through pictures, as always.

    You headed south to SLO and we headed north to Carmel/Monterey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MORE TUBA!! That reminds me. I need to order a new Tuba shirt (wore my last one til it fell apart).

    They look so happy at the beach. And I'm now hungry for a Dairy Queen -- I'm blaming you fully.

    Have a good vacation and enjoy every blessed minute.

    ~A~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like pure bliss to me! Especially that last picture! YUM!! Glad you guys made it home. Can't help ya on the camera...but it does sound a bit odd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you all had the perfect beach getaway!! No wonder they fell asleep as soon as you hit the road......looks like they never stopped from the moment you got there!!

    I am thinking smoke coming from your camera can't be good.

    LOVE the "More Tuba" tops:)

    Welcome Home!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a camera expert, but smoke usually signals trouble. That's how our van's cig lighter AC adaptor went out on us. We plugged it, and there was smoke. Yikes.

    Looks like the girls had a great time. Let's hear it for naps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9/08/2009

    We had a super wonderful time with the Tuba family at the beach. And yes, I am exhausted but the little sweeties made it all worth while.

    wela

    ReplyDelete
  7. The end of a perfect weekend! Sunshine, beach, tuba, family and fun...and oh yeh - ice cream!!! Wheee! Adorable video. Ro truly does look like she's warming up for a big Olypic swim and Ree's little gallop/hop always makes me smile!

    Hope you were able to nap when the girls did. Unless of course you were researching a new camera. I'm thinking smoke isn't normally a good sign. ;o)

    Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun time, but of course you always seem to have fun no matter where you go. Even if your camera is giving you problems the piccies are still great. Glad you had a great time and a quiet ride home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. MORE TUBA!!!! Love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9/08/2009

    As usual, I love the pics and the story to go with it. I don't know where I've been but did the girls' hair grow 3 inches last week or is it just me?! kara

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love our wagon too!!! Don't know what is going on with your camera but the pics are great as usua!! Gotta love those car naps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi M3...what camera do you have? I did have a problem with my Canon SD 950. It was not smokin like yours, but it was over-lighting my pictures. I sent it to Canon to fix. They could not tell me if it was the lens or the flash...but it was better upon repair.

    The girls are adorable in their love of the beach. Love the t-shirts!
    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9/08/2009

    I'm so jealous! I wish I could have joined you again this year, but with the fire/evacuation/delay of school and 35 kinders, I needed to be home. Maybe next year!
    itzdebz

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you're right. I smoking camera is NOT a good thing. (My purse one is a Sony which I've dropped too many times but it doesn't smoke, yet anyway.)

    Your beach vaca looked so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a glorious time at the beach! I enjoyed ALL of your pictures.
    Now I want a chocolate dipped ice cream PRONTO!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh beach vacactions. I wish we were able to go to the beach often. I really miss it. Obviously you all had a great time. The more tuba shirts are priceless.

    Good luck with the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ya gotta explain to your blog's resident idiot (ahem - that would be me)... what is SLO?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the pictures! Makes me want to go to the beach now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Next time, I am coming with you. It looks like the best trip ever. The pics of the girls are darling...everyone! Kinda cool to find farm animals too. What a well rounded vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE the more tuba shirts! So glad you had fun- the pics are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. We are currently holidaying at the Gold Coast, Australia, with our three little angels, and my husband and I keep saying (and not altogether jokingly) that we will needa holiday to recover from the holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete