The girls are revving up for Christmas and you can practically feel the jollies in the air. The holiday cards have been sent (I need to post those pictures, we set up the Salsa Garage Studio again and got some really neat photos), most of the presents have been bought (hm, I also meant to do a post on what we're getting the girls), and we've wrapped about 75% of the things (Ro has been a big help, Ree would really prefer to wrap just one present and say she's done). Anyhow, it's Fashion Friday, so instead of working on that big holiday To Do list, I'm going to play with pictures and share the fun outfits the girls have put together this week and last week.
1. I thought these outfits were funny because the girls purposely tried to coordinate with each other. They've got on the same shirt (in different colors), the same tights, and matching shoes. Oh, and they both chose headbands, with bow clips to hold them in place (I never would have thought to do that, but it's actually really cute!). Ro has a green corduroy skirt around her neck for a little extra decoration. I haven't seen this particular style anywhere before, so I'm calling it her own personal style.
2. The girls were really in the Christmas spirit when they chose these outfits. Ro wanted to wear her Christmas dress to preschool with a pair of last-summer's khaki capris (thank goodness for boots, they cover a multitude of fashion mishaps, heh heh). Ree chose her Christmas pants from last year and a hand-me-down top from her friends H2 and S2. Cute little elves.
3. These outfits... ahhhh, what to say? They're "interesting." Ro went for all polka dots, every place it was possible to add a dot, and apparently thought the Disney Princess knee pads really jazzed up that otherwise plain look. Ree ran upstairs when no one was looking and apparently found where I have hidden the summer clothes. She came down grinning cockily and wearing her favorite yellow biking shorts and another hand-me-down top from her buddies. Sigh... By the way, they're dancing in front of a slideshow put on by our new Apple TV. If you need a last-minute Christmas gift for your spouse, this little baby is one SLICK toy. It's only about $225. It's that tiny little box on the top (maybe 1.5"x6"), stores all of your DVDs and CDs so you can get to anything with one click on your remote, accesses all of your IPOD music and playlists, syncs up with your pictures on your computer to play a custom slideshow while your music is playing, and more. Eight thumbs up from our family.
4. These outfits cracked me up. So bright, so cheery, there is no way to look at these and be in a bad mood. Ree left, Ro right. They started with the matching "Let it Snow" shirts they picked from Target, then did their thing to make the outfits uniquely Ree and Ro. Love!
5. And this last set is today. Ree went for the "naybee" (navy) blue and yellow daisy outfit, but couldn't find the navy socks, so settled for hunter green ones and then hid them with her boots. She also couldn't find the daisy hair clip that matches that shirt—do you lose hair accessories at your house? We lose so many that it makes me crazy!! Ro went for a cute, sporty pink and jeans look, then added an old pink tie-dye t-shirt around her neck "like the wreath that you put on your door, mama!" Oh man, that just killed me.
By the way, it's funny that I ended up with so many pictures for Fashion Friday. I don't intend to get this many, actually I take one and then think I'm done for the week. But every single time the girls come downstairs I just laugh over their outfits and think "Oh man, THESE are the best outfits ever, I just have to snap one quick pic today to remember these." Oh well. Cheers, and happy Friday! Now I guess I'd better get to that To Do list...