Are you doing anything for groundhog day? I saw this fun little edible craft on Kitchen Fun with My Three Sons and grabbed all the stuff to make it. We invited over a few friends and they came out so cute.
If you’d like to make your own little groundhogs in celebration of the big event tomorrow, you’ll need:
- A bag or two of mini chocolate donuts (I say “or two” because I had to go back to the store today and buy another bag after opening the first bag and then not being able to resist them yesterday. Don’t do that.)
- A box of Scooby Snacks (they’re little bone-shaped graham crackers sold in the cracker or cookie aisle)
- Some marshmallows (any size will do because you’ll cut them down)
- A little jar of marshmallow bits
- Some mini chocolate chips
- Something to use as “glue” like frosting, peanut butter, nutella, etc.
- Something for eyeballs (we used an edible marker, you can also use chocolate sprinkles or break off the tips of the mini choc chips)
To assemble them:
- Break the bottom off a Scooby Snack (so you’re left with about 2/3 of the cookie). Flip it over and use the side without writing.
- Attach some marshmallow bits for eyes (using peanut butter or frosting or nutella or whatever you have in the fridge for “glue”)
- Use an edible pen to dot on eyeballs (or use a chocolate sprinkle or break off the tip of a mini choc chip)
- Cut a thin piece of marshmallow for teeth (I used kitchen shears) and stick the teeth to your Scooby Snack
- Jam the cookie into the center of your chocolate donut
These little critters were fun to make. And they’ll be even more fun to eat tomorrow for groundhog day. Mmmmmm.