Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Our middle-of-the-night decorator is still hard at work

I've mentioned Ro's penchant for midnight remodeling, haven't I? (Oh yes, I just searched through the archives and found the Stonehenge-like tuba mouthpiece circle and the heavy furniture rearranging.) She's a little nutty about it. I always check on the girls right before I go to bed, and frequently step into Ro's room and then have to run back out to the hall stifling the laughter. Recently she snuck out of her room, dragged one of the hall chairs back inside, and lovingly (snort) arranged this comfy tower/bed for her friends.
DSC_1071

She was still awake when I saw the masterpiece, so I asked her to pose with it. I'm not sure the friends were 100% comfortable, but Ro was pretty proud of the fact that the chair could be used to sit on and to hold her sleeping friends.
DSC_1075

Yesterday, I went in to find that she had used her little pink piano bench as a stepstool to get all the blankets off the high shelf.
DSC_2110

Then she had arranged them just so to make a little bed for some of her friends (Baba the octopus and Carrot the pink bunny).
DSC_2108

She had also dragged the heavy metal book bins off her little white shelves and her other friends (Penguin is the snowman with green hat, Hammy is the snowman with red hat, and Beary is the pink bear) all got comfy pillows and private shelves to sleep on.
DSC_2109

The kid is a crack up. And hey, just think of all that extra exercise I'm getting when I have to run back downstairs to get the camera!

18 comments:

  1. My one daughter does strange things like that, too. My husband went to a seminar around Mardi Gras time and brought back about 50 of those beaded necklaces. Caitie takes the necklaces and wraps them around animal heads, legs, and bodies and the poor things are hanging from my kitchen draw handles and knobs, chairs, doors, and anything else she can creatively wrap them around. It looks like a lynching is going on in my house...of teeny, tiny, plastic animals and stuffed animals!! I love that Ro is carefully tucking her animals all so lovingly into bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! Absolutely LOVE it!!! Ro worked very hard just to make sure all her little friends are well taken care of!! And, it looks like all her little friends were cozy and all tucked in for the night!! I'm sure she slept well after moving all her furniture too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how sweet :)
    what a nurturing little soul! so loving to take care of her little friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's some funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is obviously a very caring and creative little soul:) She also looks like she has about as many stuffed animal friends as my girls do!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristina8/11/2009

    Very cute!! and oh so motherly! She was just making sure they were all tucked in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can we spell "Martha Stewart"? She's gonna be pushing the desks around her classroom in kindergarten and telling each munchkin where they can sit and cracking the whip. Too funny

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a riot!! I love the chair with all her stuffed animal friends....too cute!!

    Hope you all are doing well....I have missed checking in on you. I needed a break, but finally feel like I have my bloggy mojo back!!

    Hope you have a great week!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute and SO creative!! Love the chair with all her friends sleeping in it. And, her look of pride!

    You may have an awesome new interior decorator on your hands.

    Way to go Rosie!! Do you travel to help set up baby nurseries? I have a feeling what you could come up with would be much more creative than Cafrin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gotta love it! Maisie does similar stuff and I just smile at the imagination and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So precious. She is so loving. A mom in the making I think.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweetheart! Does Ree let her tuck her into bed like that?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! And love it even more that you have a record of these things. Oh what fun it will be for her to look back on these things when she's a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL! A future interior designer to be sure. I love that she cares so much for her little creatures. Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too funny and cute. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute and she is going to be a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are in trouble if she gets anymore stuffy friends - where will she find places to put them to bed? lol

    ReplyDelete