Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Wednesday, September 7, 2005

Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty

Have you ever done something wonderful for someone you've never met? Something completely selfless and with no expectation of anything in return? I hope so. I know I'm going to do it more often. And here's why. A few months ago I sent out a letter to friends and family about the 100 Good Wishes quilt that we're making for Funshine. Yesterday we came home to find a box on the porch from Tina, a woman I've never met, who works with my cousin in Pennsylvania. She wrote us a beautiful letter, included a quilt square that she handstitched from fabric she uses to make costumes for a foster home, and sent a beautiful doll for Funshine. I just sat there and cried. And smiled. And vowed to be a better person just like Tina. People are amazing, aren't they?