Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Friday, November 25, 2005

Boys are funny

TubaDad had scheduled a VIGG (very important golf game) this morning with his friends and had been looking forward to it for weeks. So when we woke to blustery, windy (is it redundant to say both blustery and windy?), off and on drizzly conditions I was crushed. He was pretty stoic though. Just looked casually out the window and said it was nothing and everything would be fine. Said his friends wouldn't care either. But I was worried silly. Ha! I should have remembered that these were guys. Here's what each guy said when he called them this morning to see if they were still coming: S: "Well it's pretty windy and rainy at my house but I think it'll be ok." K: "Aw, we'll be fine! See you in a few." R: "I'm getting in the shower right now, I'll be right there!!!" So my boy got all spiffed up in his waterproof golf clothes and set off with a gleam in his eye and a hot breakfast burrito in his belly (I didn't think Capn Crunch would cut it today). And since I haven't heard from him in about 5 hours, I'm guessing the golf game between crazies, uh, I mean friends, went on as scheduled. Me? Oh well my day was spent blissfully curled up by the fire, watching movies, reading, napping, and munching on thanksgiving leftovers. Now THAT'S the way to spend a cold, rainy day!