Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Friday, November 11, 2005

I hate it when "they" are right!

These people who always say "don't go grocery showing when you're hungry"? Yeah. Don't do it. Whoever they are, they know what they're talking about. Dashed out to the grocery store yesterday to pick up a little something healthy to cook for dinner and couldn't resist the siren song on the back of the Libby's pumpkin can. So guess what lucky guy had pumpkin pie for breakfast?! That's right, I'm sure TubaDad is kicking butt at work this very minute after dining on the breakfast of champions. Go baby go! Oh well, who cares, pumpkin is a vegetable, right? By the way, do you strictly follow the Libby's recipe when making your pies, or do you get all wild and crazy? After tasting my pie (and saying he loved it - come on, he's not insane) TubaDad casually looked at the can label and said "so I guess they never change this recipe, huh?" And my man-translator is on the fritz, so I couldn't tell if he meant "I guess they never change this recipe, huh?" or "this pie doesn't taste like my mom's pies." Hmmm. Oh, and I had to bake the blasted thing FOREVER before the knife came out clean. Are those cooking times on the label just a joke or did I do something wrong? Too bad "they" don't have an 800 number. I clearly have some follow-up questions.