Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Friday, July 14, 2006

One year ago today

Last year, on this very date, (cue somber music) our paperwork was logged in to China. I can't believe it's been a whole year already. It's not that I think it's gone by fast (good god no), it's just really hard to believe we've been in this limbo for three hundred and sixty five days. It's mind boggling - like an elusively hard calculus problem I just can't quite wrap my mind around. Oh well, there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. Plus I know this heinous wait will be over soon and the memory of this year will fade somewhat. It'll be replaced with much more important memories like seeing Funshine's picture for the first time, becoming parents, traveling to China, and so many more firsts. I know all that and I also know it's getting close. So close that I've dared to feel excited again. I've started baby registries, made my exhaustive To Do lists, and finished decorating the nursery. I'm doing all the things that expectant parents do, so hey I guess I'm really expecting! In lieu of expanding belly shots (because NO ONE wants to see those when it's only due to icecream), I offer completed nursery shots as proof that I'm due soon: nursery_small Hope you like it! I went with a gender-neutral theme since we don't know if Funshine will be a boy or a girl. And I wanted sea creatures without your typical blue, blue, blue color scheme. My mom and mother-in-law did all the sewing (except for the bathroom curtain, which was all me!), and I painted the seahorse-butt and duck-butt paintings. One last picture didn't rate going in the pretty slideshow. It's the one part of the nursery that isn't finished yet and is currently called "the closet o' shame." You don't want to see how bad it is do you? Naw, I didn't think so. Oh fine, if you just can't help yourself, this is what it looks like today, before the luggage, old quilts, art supplies and various other detritus are carted away to storage. I think an hour or two of heavy lifting and a couple of trips to Goodwill and it'll be good to go. Some of the things don't need to be moved, like the fun clothes and toys from friends and family (see that cool Rock Star Baby bib from Karen?). Anyhow, I'm not worried, I'll just add "clean closet" to my To Do list (preferably with TubaDad's name beside it, heh) and it'll be done in no time. But first, TubaDad and I are going to head out and get massive steaks and margaritas to toast our one-year anniversary. Y'all have a great weekend!