Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Panic time

Was just sitting down to relax for a minute when I realized we don't have any baby toothbrushes or toothpaste!!! And babies sure don't use Crest whitening tartar control toothpaste, now do they? What was I thinking? How could I delude myself into thinking I was done packing for China when we don't have any baby toothbrushes? What other insanely critical items have I forgotten? Oh god. Now I'm getting all flushed and sweaty. This is going to be a disaster. The stress of seeing that China countdown clock speed toward zero is taking its toll. I'm barely sleeping and I've got a zit on my cheek that's so big I can see it when I look down. I walk around the house clutching my lists and muttering. It's not pretty and I'm thinking it's going to get a whole lot uglier by the 19th. Oh, and last night we were trying to go to sleep when I suddenly jerked upright and grabbed TubaDad's arm saying "hey, you've changed diapers before, right, you know how to do it, right?!" And instead of making up a nice, soothing lie for the crazy woman next to him he just said "Nope, not a one." Holy crap! Not one? How do you get to be almost 4 decades old and never change a diaper? Come to think of it though, I haven't changed one since my teenage babysitting days. Oh man, I probably don't even remember how. In fact, I bet those diapers made back in the 80s don't even resemble the ones we're supposed to use today. Ok, off to go do a little deep breathing, and maybe Google "baby toothpaste" in between breaths. Ack. Someone really should warn Ro and Ree about us.