Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Hot, hot, hot

Our little sweeties caught some kind of bug and worked up scary-high fevers. Ro's temp got up to 102.7 yesterday, and refused to respond to medication all day, which caused ME to feel a little whoozy and to pester the living daylights out of our patient pediatrician, my cousin and family-medical-expert Marlayna, and my poor mom. Then Ree woke up and felt burning hot when I kissed her forehead this morning. She was 102.5 (ugh), but bounced back pretty fast once she started swigging the Tylenol. Good lord. TubaDad was out of town, just my luck, but fortunately the girls were able to charm Wela into spending the night (and making sure their mama didn't freak out and do something rash like break out the rectal thermometer!). And then they beguiled Grambob into coming over and playing with them this afternoon. Even though they were feverish, sweaty, and sickly, the girls didn't miss a beat. They ran, played, laughed, and never failed to make us smile. Little sweethearts. Here they are, in all their feverish glory: (Click picture to enlarge. Ree 1 pigtail, Ro 2 pigtails) Mothers' Day Question: On a serious note, do you all have any traditions to honor your daughters' birth mothers on Mother's Day? Friend and fellow-twin-mom Stephanie asked what we're doing, and all I can come up with is to light a red candle and say a few meaningful words, if I'm able. It's so hard for me to talk about, I get so emotional. Every time I think about her I picture her wondering about these beautiful girls and aching for them... Anyhow, that's a long topic for another day. But for Mothers' Day this year and each year, I'd love to honor Ro and Ree's birthmom with a beautiful family tradition -- so please share your ideas.