Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Friday, August 3, 2007

A whole bunch of miscellaneous stuff

Oops, We Almost Deleted Your Blog I logged onto Blogger last night and found that my blog had been "locked because Blogger's spam-prevention robots detected that your blog has characteristics of a spam blog." Huh? What exactly about my gushy twin lovefest or excessive pictures of pigtails alarmed them? I'm a little puzzled. In any case, I couldn't publish until someone over at Blogger reviewed my case and agreed to unlock my suspicious little blog. And, if I hadn't seen their note and responded within a certain amount of time, they would have deleted my blog. !!! I guess it's a good thing I didn't wait any longer to log on and write a new post. Sheesh. Huge Bear Captured In Grocery Store The other day we stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few (ok, ok, actually it was eight) quarts of goat milk when the girls spied a gigantic, squishtastic, snuggleriffic teddy bear. They don't really have any toys at home (cough, cough), so we gave in to their euphoric bear-love and let them take him home, on one condition: they had to carry him: Climb Baby Climb This one's an oldie but goodie. I put it together back in April when the twins were 18 mos old, and then forgot to post it. It's a little slideshow of our girls when they first figured out how to climb up on the fireplace hearth. Ro in pink, Ree in green. Ahhhh, I remember the good 'ole days when we still had "safe spots" in the house that they couldn't reach:
A Few Pictures, Of Course... I've taken, um, one or two pictures in the past week (TubaDad stop choking!). So here are a couple that show what we've been up to. We've been taking neighborhood walks and also playing "GPS Park Roulette" in the mornings lately. I punch in "parks" and let the GPS lead us to a new playground. Most of them are really fun, and it's nice to get the girls out of the house before the temperature slinks into the 90s and they burn their cute little butts on the slides. Ro is totally onto the drill now. I'll say "want to go to the park?" and she'll fan her little face, nod vigorously, and say "coooooo" which is how she says "cool" or "shayyyy" which is how she says "shade." Ree just squeals, jumps up and down, and runs for the door. We've also been noodling around on cake ideas for the girls birthday (coming up in a couple of months). Ro has emphatically requested a peeenk cake with monkeys on it, while Ree wants a yehyowe cake and gets really worried when anyone asks if she wants monkeys on hers: "Noooooo, yehyowe! Yehyowe!!!" Anyhow, my friend Maggie and I baked a couple of practice cakes (with the girls' eager help) to experiment with flavors and colors, and whew we learned alot. 2Aug2007thumbnails View the pics all on one page, or view the auto slideshow (click "i" on the first slide to turn on captions). Cheers, and please send a huge congratulations into the universe for our friend Amy (& hub Tim) who just got a referral for twin girls!!!