Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I'm a one-trick pony

Still learning how to use the new camera... It's a pretty steep learning curve for someone who doesn't know the basics of photography and always, always, always forces the flash in order to get a clear picture. Flash is really the only thing I know how to do. But I'm slowwwwly learning to get halfway-decent pictures without it. Here's a natural-light pic I took tonight on our way over to my folks' house for a delicious New Year's dinner. LOTS of room for improvement, but hey it sure looks better than the first (thousand) shots I took with the new machine. The girls are cute, as always, but what the heck is up with that weird blue shadow by their legs? (click pic to enlarge) Ro and Ree are always very accommodating (not!). But they are willing to let me take a picture or two depending on how funny my singing or how good the bribes. In this case, I was actually holding two wafer cookies in one hand and pressing the shutter button with the other. Oh, and they're standing on one of TubaDad's old bachelor-pad bedsheets that's hanging from our mantel. Very spiffy, eh? (grin) Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's.