Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Friday, January 25, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

Ok, now they're trying to kill me with cutenessAt dinner last night, while cramming bacon in her mouth, giddily trading spoons back and forth with her sister, and singing a head-bobbing song with me, Ro gushed "I so happy, mama!" Good lord kiddo, are you trying to kill me with cuteness? I, of course, responded in the only way appropriate -- by covering her with kisses and gushing between smooches: "Aw, I'm so happy too, sweetheart, you girls make me happy." Times like these remind me of what's important. Here are a few more moments of happiness. View them all on one page or in a slideshow. PS: Put the girls down for a nap today in the middle of a raging storm. Didn't think a thing about it since boy-oh-boy do I looooooove a good storm. A few minutes later Ree started wailing at top volume, so I stomped upstairs (in kind of a huff if I'm honest) to tell her to quiet down so she wouldn't wake up her sister across the hall. Have I mentioned they've been sleeping in separate rooms since the earthquake-induced sleep issues? No? Ok, more on that later. Anyhow, she was standing by the door crying and clutching her little chewie and practically leaped at me saying "Rain scare me mama!" Poor sweet baby, the ferocious rain and wind were making an awful racket against her window. Plenty of hugs and reassurance later, and the addition of a loud fan for white noise, and she drifted off. Yeesh. For any photobugs out there, pic #1 and #3 of thumbnails above were post-processed in Photoshop to fix some pretty bad coloration, but for the rest of the pics I've been playing around with the white-balance and color temperature settings on my camera to try and get some great low-light non-flash colors. Fun stuff.