Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Sunday, February 10, 2008

The sweetest birthday wishes ever

My knees turned to jello when the girls wished each other "Merry Kiss-muss." My heart soared when they told us "Happy New Ear." But nothing, and I mean nothing, compares to the melty, sappy joy I felt when they knocked me over with enthusiastic baby hugs and yelled "Happy Bert-day Mama!" in my ear. Oh the pure happiness. I wish that perfect moment on everyone. It was a great birthday. Really great. TubaDad and I even spent a night in a hotel while my folks valiantly babysat. TubaDad has been on about a jillion business trips since we returned from China, but this was the first night I had ever spent away from the girls, and I don't mind admitting that it was HARD. We called them 4 or 5 (or maybe 10?) times, and I teared up every time we talked about them. Yeesh. It was really great to be able to spend some quality time with TubaDad though. We'd practically forgotten what it was like to actually look in each other's eyes while talking rather than yelling in short bursts while trying to simultaneously load the dishwasher, keep the girls out of the fridge, shovel out the playroom, answer the phone, get ice for whichever girl just injured herself, find one of the lost sippy cups, and clamber over the dangerously high laundry pile. As an aside, I emailed Lisa Shanahan about our upcoming hotel stay and the thrill of being able to sleep in AS LATE AS WE WANTED (squeal of joy!!), and she made me snort with laughter when she said (correctly): "Yep, you are definitely 40 and a Mom. A birthday celebration where the first thing you note is being able to sleep-in rather than a romantic and "exciting" night and morning..." Heh heh. Here are a few pics from our days 'o celebration. View them all on one page, or in a slideshow (click "i" to turn on captions). Please don't fall over from the shock but you can actually see me in something other than jeans and a sweatshirt in the middle one -- yeehaw -- since TubaDad and I got all spiffed up and went out on the town.