Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Monday, April 28, 2008

Gone fishing!

I've been dying to try out one of those funky fisheye lenses for my new camera. And today TubaDad surprised me with one as my early Mother's Day present. Yay!! It's a Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye lens with a super wide angle (180 degrees from corner to corner). The closer you get to something (like, say, little Ree in the photo above who loves to clown around in pictures) the more exaggerated the distortion effect. Neat stuff. I was having trouble getting the exposure right on these first photos (backlighting is my nemesis). I'll keep playing around with it. But I can tell already I'm going to have fun with this little baby. Thanks TubaDad! (I think it's funny how the girls are kind of mirroring each other in the first photo. TubaDad took the photo of his watch, he saw a picture like it on Ken Rockwell's site and wanted to try it. And you can tell who's who by looking at the bracelets, Ree's is on the left arm and Ro's is on the right. We always tell folks to think "Ro right."