Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Monday, February 6, 2012

Superbowl eating, uh I mean watching

Every year we watch the Superbowl with family. Well some of us watch the game, the rest of us eat, talk, play, and watch the commercials... I fall into the latter category.

DSC_0226LRDSC_0223LRDSC_0254LRDSC_0237LRDSC_0249LR

This year I tried a new recipe for appetizers – Pizza Puffs -- and they were gone so fast I didn’t even get a picture. Oops. Super easy to make, super popular, and next time I’m doubling the recipe.DSC_0235LR

Here’s a picture of what I was going for (picture credit Lick the Bowl). Mine looked similar, so just imagine that’s what we ate. Mmmm, wish I had a few more right now. That’s a great blog for recipes, by the way, check it out.

Pizza Puffs adapted from Lick the Bowl

  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (if you don’t have this in your pantry, make your own by combining equal amounts of dried basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, thyme)
  • 1/4 tsp of salt
  • 3/4 cup whole milk
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese (the kind that’s in long pieces, instead of powder)
  • 1 cup mini pepperoni pieces (they’re sold as teeny little rounds, so no need for cutting)
  • 1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease your mini-muffin pans (I used one 24-muffin pan and one 12-muffin pan). In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, and salt. Whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.

2. Stir the batter and fill each mini-muffin cup about 3/4 full. I had enough batter for 28 mini muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.

3. Microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.

4. If you’re feeding a crowd, double this recipe (at least). Just sayin...

After the game we had Superbowl Sundaes. Basically we set a long table with various icecream and topping choices and let everyone roll their own. Cheers!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/06/2012

    Thank you for your generosity in sharing recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I'm trying those Pizza Puffs. We hid out at our house, only venturing out on Saturday to the ice skating rink. Indy had a ball hosting, but I'm a little relieved to have our quiet city back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/06/2012

    All the kids just keep getting bigger and bigger and cuter and cuter!

    The Pizza Puffs look really tempting.

    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I ate and read a book. I did watch the half time and the last 2 minutes. My hubby couldn't believe I wouldn't want to watch the whole thing on his big screen. Besides, it was a basement full of men. I was the only lady that was over 17.

    Here's to superbowl food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2/06/2012

    Super bowl sundaes, I love it! We are on the eastern time, so our kids had to go to bed at halftime, but I might steal that idea for next year.

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2/08/2012

    Super easy recipe for my kiddos (ages 3 & 6) to help mom make. They smelled so good in the oven and tasted even better! Thank you for all of the great ideas and recipes you have shared over the years. We're making the dragon cake on Friday for my daughter's birthday party. Your blog's the BEST!!!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, I'm so glad you guys liked them!! I'm definitely making these again.

    Good luck with the dragon cake. Send me a picture.

    ReplyDelete