Summer officially starts in this house in 4 hours, and we are READY!
My job ends for the summer today (an awesome benefit of working in the same school district as Ro and Ree), the secret summer-kickoff buckets to surprise the girls when they come home have been assembled, the last school lunches for the year have been packed (thank heaven), the perfect-attendance certificates have been collected (these girls just don’t get sick), and they have taken their final walk to school for the year.
It’s been a great year (Ree left, Ro right in both pics):
- Ro and Ree’s styles have definitely changed this year. During third grade they gradually stopped wearing skirts and dresses and switched to jeans, t-shirts, shorts, and tennis shoes. Ree made the switch a few months before Ro.
- Both girls grew a whole bunch (both in height and in looks). They are now 501/4” – Ree might be a hair shorter but my measuring technique is sketchy.
- They still have separate bedrooms (although Ree thinks she’d like to share over the summer while Ro wants to keep her own room).
- They chose different haircuts, Ree’s is short, sassy, and cute and Ro’s is long and beautiful.
- They’re funnier than they were last year – something about their senses of humor (or maybe confidence) has blossomed this year and we regularly find overselves dying laughing over something one or the other says.
Bring on summer!!!